Fox News hosts seem worried about the FDA's COVID vaccine approval — but can't get their stories straight
Image via Screengrab.August 23, 2021Bank
Minutes after the FDA announced full approval for Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine Fox News ran a segment that kicked off with the host suggesting the approval was "rushed," only to have another host ask, "what took so long?"
The Fox News guest, former Trump testing czar Admiral Brett Giroir, immediately handed credit for the Pfizer vaccine to the Trump administration's Operation Warp Speed, despite Pfizer developing its vaccine without any support from the federal government (other than the federal government agreeing to purchase it.)
Last week Media Matters reported in a six week period this summer "nearly 60%" of Fox News' "vaccine segments included claims undermining or downplaying vaccinations."
Fox News on FDA's approval of Pfizer vaccine:\n\nWas it rushed?\n\n*40 seconds pass*\n\nWhat took so long?pic.twitter.com/Id8NVmXKzI— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1629731436
From Your Site Articles
- Buttigieg busts Fox News over uninformed question on electric cars ... ›
- Fox News contributor's Afghanistan evacuation plan: 'Walk through ... ›
- 'She failed the country': Fox News host's bizarrely explains why ... ›
- Here's what FDA approval really means - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News host falsely claims FDA vaccine approval came 'out of nowhere.' It’s been imminent for weeks - Alternet.org ›