New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo resigns after sexual harassment investigation
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, blaming politics and changing perceptions of acceptable behavior, has just announced he is resigning from his office after a state Attorney General investigation found he had sexually harassed 11 women.
Cuomo, after a lengthy statement that included praising himself for having a diverse team, Cuomo announced his resignation will be effective in 14 days.
"I cannot be the cause" of wasted time and money on litigation, Cuomo said, insisting he does not want to be a distraction.
Cuomo announces he is resigning as governor of New York https://t.co/QtAjBrWLpI— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1628611662.0
- Andrew Cuomo 'sexually harassed multiple women': NY state ... ›
- 'He broke the law': Cuomo's groping accuser speaks out for first time ... ›
- The fall of Gov. Cuomo's top cover-up artist — and why women play ... ›
- Gov. Cuomo goes down in a blaze of self-pity - Alternet.org ›
- Media reporter warns Brian Stelter is 'really damaging his credibility' after Stephen Colbert grills CNN host on Chris Cuomo - Alternet.org ›
- Did Andrew Cuomo ditch his dog while moving out of the governor’s mansion? - Alternet.org ›