Trump Organization and its CFO have been criminally indicted by a grand jury: reports
A Manhattan grand jury has criminally indicted The Trump Organization and its longtime Chief Financial Officer Allen Weisselberg, according to CNBC and The Washington Post.
The Post calls this indictment "the first from prosecutors probing the former president's business dealings," and says Weisselberg is expected to turn himself in to authorities Thursday morning.
"The indictments against the Trump Organization and its CFO, Allen Weisselberg, will remain sealed until Thursday afternoon, leaving the specific charges against them unclear. Earlier Wednesday, people familiar with the case said the charges were related to allegations of unpaid taxes on benefits for Trump Organization executives."
- Trump Organization, CFO Allen Weisslberg could face charges by ... ›
- NYT reporter explains Trump's plan to 'tar' the New York ... ›
- Prosecutors' Trump probe is 'well-developed' — there's just one 'final ... ›
- Trump throws fit at 'rude, nasty, and totally biased' New York ... ›
- 'A scheme to defraud': Legal experts say massive indictment of the Trump Org is 'not a close case' if true - Alternet.org ›
- 'This is very bad news for the Trump Organization': MSNBC host breaks down the huge 15-count indictment - Alternet.org ›
- Experts: First wave of indictments for Trump Organization may only be the beginning - Alternet.org ›