Reporters point to a simple sign that Trump's social media lawsuit is 'unserious'
It took Donald Trump and the Republican National Committee (RNC), the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC), and the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) just "minutes" to begin fundraising off of what some are calling the former president's "frivolous" lawsuits against Twitter, Facebook, and Google.
Politico's Sam Stein posted this text from the joint Trump-RNC fundraising committee:
How you know this is a unserious lawsuit: Trump is already fundraising off of it https://t.co/Njq8VqHAdB— Sam Stein (@Sam Stein) 1625673791.0
The New York Times' Nick Corasaniti posted these screenshots from the Trump/RNC fundraising organization:
And there it is: Trump fundraising appeal off his lawsuit already out https://t.co/4KUaokjezH— Nick Corasaniti (@Nick Corasaniti) 1625673845.0
"Trump's baseless Big Tech lawsuit is all about fundraising," the tech and culture website Mashable reports. "Keep on grifting."
"After Trump filed federal lawsuits against Google, Twitter, and Facebook for allegedly violating the First Amendment by banning or suspending him from their platforms, the NRCC and NRSC, the fundraising arms of the House and Senate GOP respectively, each sent out text alerts," Forbes reports. "'IT HAPPENED,' said the NRSC – which, along with the NRCC, has spent months hyping Trump's plans to start his own social media site – adding, 'Trump announced he is fighting CENSORSHIP by SUING Big Tech companies.'"
- The favorite trick Trump could use in new case underscores how ... ›
- US Supreme Court rejects Texas-led lawsuit seeking to protect a ... ›
- 'Not competent': Legal experts pan Trump's 'clown show' attorneys ... ›
- Trump can't beat Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in court - Alternet.org ›
- 'Laughed out of court': Leaked emails show RNC's top lawyer thought Trump election lawsuits were 'a joke' - Alternet.org ›
- Trump Social Security chief threatened to come in after being fired — but the White House isn't having it - Alternet.org ›
- Conservative legal expert explains why Trump’s latest ‘frivolous lawsuits’ show his ‘appalling constitutional ignorance’ - Alternet.org ›
- Embarrassing Trump video re-emerges after he insists the world 'didn’t laugh' at us when he was president - Alternet.org ›
- Are we really in a crisis of 'censorship'? - Alternet.org ›
- The national media exposes its naivete as the GOP sabotages the republic from the inside - Alternet.org ›