Watch: Day one of historic January 6 House Select Committee hearing
It's been 202 days since Donald Trump, then the President, incited the attack on the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to overturn a free and fair election. The January 6 insurrection, an act of domestic terrorism, an attempted coup, is one of the darkest days in American history.
At 9:30 AM Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-MS) will gavel in day one of the United States House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack, a bipartisan investigation into that dark day.
You can watch live below. The proceedings will also be carried and streamed on most major networks, including ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN. Fox News is expected to have a degree of coverage.
Today's hearing will feature testimony from four officers who defended members of Congress and the Capitol on January 6, or, as Chairman Thompson said, "frontline heroes who put their lives on the line to protect our democracy."
Here are several feeds for you to watch live:
WATCH LIVE | Police officers testify at House hearing on Jan. 6
WATCH LIVE: House investigation of Jan. 6 attack begins with police testimony
Warning: Video and audio played during this hearing may contain violence and explicit language.The House select committee appointed to investigate the violen...
- A GOP senator's obtuse comment about opposing the Jan. 6 ... ›
- Alex Jones is 'claiming that he coordinated' with the Trump White ... ›
- If the Biden Administration Is Serious About Protecting Voting Rights ... ›
- 'It is a pathetic excuse': Police officer rebukes Trump's defense of the Capitol rioters - Alternet.org ›
- The first hearing of the Jan. 6 committee completely demolished key myths about the Capitol attack - Alternet.org ›
- There was one inescapable conclusion from the first Jan. 6 hearing - Alternet.org ›
- How Capitol riot-related charges against Infowars co-host could lead to big problems for Alex Jones - Alternet.org ›
- Trump’s 'executive privilege' claim 'could easily backfire' with Pelosi’s Jan. 6 committee: legal expert - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: GOP senator blasts Trump for 'completely unacceptable' behavior and says he shouldn't be 2024 nominee - Alternet.org ›