Ivy Leaguer Ted Cruz attended Kentucky Derby — then told Fox News the GOP is a 'blue collar party'
After attending two private high schools, Ted Cruz attended Princeton University followed by Harvard Law School.
On Saturday, the Texas Republican posted a picture of him at the Kentucky Derby..
A beautiful day with Heidi at the #KentuckyDerby In 2017, Caroline (then age 9) had us put $2 on Always Dreaming,… https://t.co/6JSe62EIcv— Ted Cruz (@Ted Cruz) 1619913363.0
Then Sen. Cruz went on Fox News to argue the GOP is a blue collar party.
"We ought to support the little guy," the senator told Fox News personality Jesse Watters on Saturday evening.
"We ought to support the small business owner, we ought to support the working men and women. Our party is a blue collar party," Cruz declared.
"Our party are the truck drivers and steel workers and waiters and waitresses and cops and fire fighters -- the men and women with calluses on their hands, that's who we're fighting for," said Cruz, who voted for Trump's tax cuts for the wealthy. "That's who we should be fighting for."
Ted Cruz says the Republicans Party is the blue collar party. He fails to mention the fact that the leader of their… https://t.co/vaX6SxyAj4— Acyn (@Acyn) 1619914488.0
- Where is Ted Cruz in the middle of Texas' growing humanitarian ... ›
- Ted Cruz spews disgust at 'waiters and waitresses' who he says don ... ›
- Ted Cruz blasted for saying the quiet part out loud: He 'explicitly ... ›
- 'You still have time to delete this': Ted Cruz buried for 'tragically awful' attempt at Twitter humor - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News thrilled voters just elected 'anti-woke' candidates to 75% white wealthy Texas town's school board - Alternet.org ›
- Top ethics lawyer slams Ted Cruz over 'openly corrupt' admission that he 'sells access' to government - Alternet.org ›