Liz Cheney clashes with Fox News host as she calls on the network to correct election lies
Oh wow. Things really get interesting here when Liz Cheney says Fox News has an obligation to say the election wasn’t stolen pic.twitter.com/7GMSwEOEhh— Mike Funk (@bouyant44) May 13, 2021
In an interview with Fox News' Bret Baier on Thursday, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY),fresh off her removal from GOP House leadership for her criticism of former President Donald Trump, doubled down on her opposition to "big lie" conspiracy theories about the outcome of the 2020 presidential election — and told Baier that his own network had a responsibility to correct the record.
"Especially Fox News has a particular obligation to say that the election wasn't stolen," said Cheney.
"Especially Fox News has a particular obligation to say that the election wasn't stolen," Liz Cheney says in Fox News interview— Manu Raju (@Manu Raju) 1620944038.0
Cheney was one of ten House Republicans who voted to impeach Trump for incitement to insurrection. She survived an initial challenge to her leadership, but after continuing to vocally oppose the former president's attacks on democracy, was removed as House Republican Conference chair. Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) is the frontrunner to take her place.
- Former FBI agent demolishes Fox News claim Boulder shooter's gun ... ›
- Fox News host creates shockwaves after lavishly praising a Biden ... ›
- Trump allies desperately want to take down Liz Cheney — but they ... ›
- Kevin McCarthy reportedly gets caught on hot mic railing against Liz ... ›
- 'No lie is too absurd': The new GOP excuse for punishing Liz ... ›
- Cheney may be the first casualty of the GOP's lapse in consciousness -- but she likely will not be the last - Alternet.org ›
- 'Complicit': Liz Cheney nails Kevin McCarthy for withholding 'important information' about Jan. 6 - Alternet.org ›