Meghan McCain fumes after Biden's speech and warns he'll be the 'most progressive president of my lifetime'
36-year-old Meghan McCain shared with "The View" watchers on Thursday her anger that President Joe Biden "is going to be the most progressive president of my lifetime." McCain, born in 1984, has lived through seven presidents before Biden – four Republican and now four Democratic, so it's not surprising that the most recent Democratic president would be the most progressive.
But she wasn't only furious that Biden will be the most progressive president, which she said was "very disappointing to the people who had faith in him for running as a centrist," she was furious that he delivered what she called "the most progressive speech of any modern president since LBJ," referring to President Lyndon Baines Johnson.
McCain went on to complain that "the answer to every single problem in the United States of America is to write a check and bankrupt my generation in the process, and if you don't believe me because I'm conservative believe The New York Times," McCain said.
"They said, 'Biden, a lifelong centrist has moved leftward and moved the biggest expansion of American government in decades.' And he's getting praise from people like Alexandria Ocasio Cortez."
“I was really disappointed in Biden’s speech,” @MeghanMcCain says. “He is showing he’s going to make his mark and b… https://t.co/N3NUHQOwYN— The View (@The View)1619716861.0
- Democrats have finally learned the lesson from their 'big mistake' of ... ›
- The View's Meghan McCain Flips Out After Co-Hosts Challenge Her ... ›
- Chris Wallace said Biden's speech will be 'popular' among ... ›
- Right-wing pundits are feigning outrage over one line in Biden's speech - Alternet.org ›
- Not 'going to meet us halfway': Top progressive presses Biden to cut off infrastructure talks with GOP - Alternet.org ›
- 'Just the worst': Internet slams Meghan McCain for claiming Biden 'doing grave spiritual harm' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Cruel on purpose': Americans rage at Times writer who claims Biden grieves his family too much - Alternet.org ›