‘Dumber than a jar of paste’: GOP senator mocked for complaining Biden not tweeting enough
Hard core conservative U.S. Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) is under fire Monday after posting a tweet complaining about President Joe Biden's media strategy – one decidedly different from Donald Trump's, and one that has proven very effective when it comes to approval ratings and actual accomplishments.
"The president is not doing cable news interviews. Tweets from his account are limited and, when they come, unimaginably conventional. The public comments are largely scripted. Biden has opted for fewer sit down interviews with mainstream outlets and reporters," Cornyn tweeted.
He followed that up with this accusation:
Invites the question: is he really in charge?— Senator John Cornyn (@Senator John Cornyn)1618224518.0
Cornyn's first tweet should have been in quotes, as Matt Negrin from "The Daily Show" revealed it was actually pulled word-for-word from a Politico article.
People are dunking on this @JohnCornyn tweet and while yes it’s typical bad-faith bullshit, it’s *word for word* co… https://t.co/Q4zQZdO0SV— Matt Negrin, HOST OF HARDBALL AT 7PM ON MSNBC (@Matt Negrin, HOST OF HARDBALL AT 7PM ON MSNBC)1618230293.0
Cornyn, who clearly agreed with the Politico attack, is getting mocked and slammed for insisting a president's job is to feed the media machine instead of doing actual work. Biden's lack of drama and narcissism are literally disturbing to the Texas Republican senator.
Here's how some are responding to Cornyn's attack:
@JohnCornyn Is he really in charge? Record numbers of vaccines in arms! Checks in our bank accounts! Finally a jobs… https://t.co/zEQJnMd8sj— Mare (@Mare)1618225299.0
@JohnCornyn Imagine being so fucking stupid you think a president behaving competently is actually a problem.— The Hoarse Whisperer (@The Hoarse Whisperer)1618228847.0
@JohnCornyn What do you expect from someone who thinks the traditional way to celebrate the Fourth of July is to fl… https://t.co/i4zY6QaGE1— Sheila Saccone (@Sheila Saccone)1618230997.0
@JohnCornyn This you? https://t.co/P1BC6aciJ1 https://t.co/yfEDAGXkk9— Don Moynihan (@Don Moynihan)1618230351.0
@JohnCornyn You know what else President Biden isn’t doing? Golfing. Trump’s presidency included watching hours of… https://t.co/XXcnGlTo8K— James (@James)1618230622.0
@JohnCornyn Take all the damned seats in Aggie and Longhorn stadiums combined! Heaven forbid we have a @POTUS who i… https://t.co/D7Tny0Wpmk— David Phillips, MSc MPH #BLM 🏴 (@David Phillips, MSc MPH #BLM 🏴)1618232929.0
@matthewjdowd @TheRickWilson @JohnCornyn I think @JohnCornyn forgot what normalcy looks and feels like. After 4+ y… https://t.co/NkqreHsKl5— Michael Fisher 😷 🏴☠️🇺🇸 (@Michael Fisher 😷 🏴☠️🇺🇸)1618232469.0
@JohnCornyn Imagine being a senator and dumber than a jar of paste.— Ari Cohn (@Ari Cohn)1618229921.0
@JohnCornyn President does job. GOP whines that President is too busy to tweet, golf, or to randomly call news med… https://t.co/ERawDpCAZk— W.J.Wylie3 it was an attempted coup not a riot (@W.J.Wylie3 it was an attempted coup not a riot)1618225351.0
- Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley plotted to block Biden's Cabinet ... ›
- Kamala Harris stuns a GOP senator into silence on live TV for ... ›
- Here's the gift GOP Sen. John Cornyn inadvertently gave to Biden ... ›
- Biden sets out to prove Republican lawmakers are on the wrong side of history. Here's how they're helping him - Alternet.org ›
- So-called ‘deal-making moderates’ in the GOP are in no hurry to make meaningful deals with Biden - Alternet.org ›
- How Joe Biden turned the tables on Republicans and used their tactics against them - Alternet.org ›
- 'Gloating about voter supression': Sen. Cornyn promotes WaPo story about GOP plan to seize power via gerrymandering - Alternet.org ›
- 'An insurance policy': This GOP tactic for stealing elections is even worse than voter suppression - Alternet.org ›
- 'Spray and pray': GOP cries foul on nearly everything Biden does - Alternet.org ›