Jen Psaki had the perfect response to a Newsmax reporter trying to get Biden's UN ambassador fired
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki responded to a reporter from the right wing website Newsmax who asked if President Joe Biden will fire the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations.
Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield joined the U.S. Foreign Service four decades ago, in 1982. Her extensive resume includes serving as United States Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, Director General of the United States Foreign Service and Director of Human Resources, United States Ambassador to Liberia, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration, and Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for African Affairs, among others.
She was confirmed for her current post by a highly partisan U.S. Senate in a strongly bipartisan 78–20 vote.
Newsmax White House Correspondent Emerald Robinson suggested President Joe Biden should bow down to any criticism or attacks from China, telling Psaki that Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield "essentially said that white supremacy is woven into our founding documents and principles."
"This statement," Robinson claimed, "is getting widely criticized as essentially parroting Chinese Communist Party talking points. So is the President going to remove her from her position as the representative before that body to promote United States values?"
Psaki, calmly, told her no.
"Is the President going to remove an African American woman with decades of experience in the Foreign Service who is widely respected around the world from her position as Ambassador to the UN? He is not," Psaki replied. "He is proud to have her in that position. She is not only qualified, he believes she is exactly the right person in that role at this moment in time. I have not seen her comments, I will say that there's no question that there has been a history of institutional racism in this country, and that doesn't require the UN ambassador to confirm that."
Robinson, apparently trying to shape U.S. foreign policy from the press briefing room, complained thast Ambassador Robinson's remarks are "essentially the same lecture though that the Chinese delegation gave Secretary Blinken in Alaska last month. So does the President think our founding documents are racist?"
Undeterred, Psaki again responded, saying: "I would say that, I will, I will leave my comments to speak for themselves, and certainly I think most people recognize the history of systemic racism in our country, and she was speaking to that."
As most Americans known, the founding documents are inherently racist, including but hardly limited to allowing slavery and counting slaves as only three-fifths of a person.
"Is POTUS going to remove an African American woman w/ decades of experience in the foreign service who's widely re… https://t.co/QnJTcunoff— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1618587851.0
- Nikki Haley buckles again to Trump in her latest humiliating ... ›
- Republicans' ridiculous rhetoric shows their fear of being on the ... ›
- Biden officials had a dust-up with a Chinese delegation — but it ... ›
- US ambassador to Russia 'refusing to leave' even though the Kremlin has 'advised' him to: report - Alternet.org ›
- The tattered insider histories of our possible future ambassadors - Alternet.org ›
- A right-wing reporter gets stumped when Jen Psaki pushes back on her ridiculous and trivial question - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki smacks down Fox News reporter who suggests new CDC mask guidance is 'political' - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki torches Fox News’ Peter Doocy: Trying to ‘disprove a negative’ is ‘never the responsible approach’ - Alternet.org ›
- Joe Biden and Tom Brady make a mockery of Trump's election conspiracy theories - Alternet.org ›
- 'You're confusing a few things': Jen Psaki forced to educate right-wing reporter defending DeSantis - Alternet.org ›
- Newsmax tricked by pranksters into fake Paul Wolfowitz interview — twice - Alternet.org ›
- In first UN speech, President Biden declares U.S. has 'turned the page' on war - Alternet.org ›
- Newsmax rebukes its own White House correspondent over false vaccine claims - Alternet.org ›