Fox News host creates shockwaves after lavishly praising a Biden speech as 'iconic'
Fox News' Harris Faulker is great at reciting GOP talking points, like so many of her colleagues. But on Tuesday, the conservative cable news host had something surprisingly nice to say about President Joe Biden — who she praised as "iconic" after he gave a speech in memory of Billy Evans, the Capitol Police officer killed during the April 2 attack in Washington, D.C.
Faukner told viewers, "We have just watched the president of the United States give his words, kindness and empathy like he does so well. He's iconic at it. He is so present and so kind."
A notable moment — Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner effusively praised Joe Biden’s speech honoring fallen Capitol of… https://t.co/p6mzd2tFnq— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1618332575
Biden to family of Billy Evans: “I buried two of my children, so I know some of what you are feeling.” https://t.co/euNqPLl97g— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1618333243
The Fox News host added, "He was speaking to the family of Officer Billy Evans and to (his) children to think ahead. In the future, those words will come into focus for them."
Faulkner's words come as a surprise in light of how much Biden is vilified by far-right Fox News pundits such as Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham. But then, not every conservative at Fox News has been consistently hostile to Biden. Fox News' Chris Wallace has interviewed Biden and members of his administration — including White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki — on his show, asking them tough questions but maintaining a polite, respectful tone.
Twitter has been full of reactions to Faulkner's comments. Here are some of them:
@atrupar She'll be taken to task at work ("how dare she praise President Biden") and it will be documented on her permanent record.— Robyn J (@Robyn J) 1618333431
@atrupar Did hell freeze over?— Secede MAGA (@Secede MAGA) 1618332631
@atrupar A watched FOX NEWS anchor is right once in his or her career.— Bruce Kanin (@Bruce Kanin) 1618332633
@atrupar Wow! The end of the world is that near?— Jack M (@Jack M) 1618332668
@atrupar Looks like there's gonna be a job opening at FauxNews!— Arthur Fischer (@Arthur Fischer) 1618332685
@atrupar She spoke the obvious truth. Wow.— New Beginning 🇺🇸 🇺🇦 🥑 (@New Beginning 🇺🇸 🇺🇦 🥑) 1618332680
@atrupar That’s why this isn’t a news channel. If we are shocked they said anything remotely kind about Biden then… https://t.co/TwANt8LSt0— 🧑🏻👩🏻🧑🏻📷 📺 And Now This... (@🧑🏻👩🏻🧑🏻📷 📺 And Now This...) 1618332784
@atrupar It’s sad that this is a noteable moment— Hirdygirdyman (@Hirdygirdyman) 1618332873
@atrupar I'm surprised Fox News televised this moment at all. At least they recognized the empathetic leadership of President Biden.— Marka R Ormsby (@Marka R Ormsby) 1618332881
- 'It's truly disgusting': Fox News is under fire for hiring Kayleigh ... ›
- Trump shoots back at Fox News host who called him an 'ex ... ›
- 'Is that helpful?' Chris Wallace confronts John Cornyn over tweet suggesting Biden not in charge - Alternet.org ›
- 'A hit dog will holler': Congresswoman slammed for claiming Biden and Harris 'say we're all racists' - Alternet.org ›
- WATCH: President Joe Biden delivers first address to Congress - Alternet.org ›
- Here's how 'bogus' anti-Biden 'nonsense' gains momentum at Fox News — and 'goes viral': report - Alternet.org ›
- Here's what made Biden's big speech such a major departure from recent Democratic presidents - Alternet.org ›
- Liz Cheney clashes with Fox News host as she calls on the network to correct election lies - Alternet.org ›