'That's pretty desperate': Sidney Powell forced to make a stunning admission in a response to a lawsuit
Attorney and conspiracy theorist Sidney Powell for months insisted then-President Donald Trump won re-election, that it was stolen from him, and spun an outrageous tale involving a government supercomputer switching votes to Joe Biden amid a communist plot involving Cuba, George Soros, China, Venezuela, the Clinton Foundation, Antifa, dead Hugo Chávez, and Dominion and Smartmatic voting machine companies.
Dominion and Smartmatic both sued her for defamation.
Now, in response to Dominion's $1.3 billion lawsuit, Powell is trying to get it dismissed – by blaming anyone who believed her.
Buzzfeed News' senior reporter Zoe Tillman posted the details: Powell is claiming "no reasonable person would conclude" those "were truly statements of fact."
Sidney Powell has moved to dismiss Dominion's defamation lawsuit. She argues that when she accused Dominion of bein… https://t.co/GBEXtyjROU— Zoe Tillman (@Zoe Tillman) 1616446156.0
"Powell argues she can't be liable if the information she based her 'opinions and legal theories' on were actually unreliable," Tillman adds, "comparing herself to reporters who get 1A protection when they cite sources; but she later also makes clear she disputes that her info was 'false.'"
It was just three weeks ago that her final cases were dropped – by the U.S. Supreme Court, which threw them out. In other words, she expected the nation's highest court to believe her arguments, but says in response to being sued that "no reasonable person" should have.
Twitter quickly buried her in mockery, but some are absolutely furious, like this woman who says Powell thinks America "is a toy–to be played with, snapped in half, and then discarded as soon as it no longer charms."
Here's how others are responding:
- Trump considering Sidney Powell as very special counsel to ... ›
- Sidney Powell suffers another setback as Georgia GOP county chair ... ›
- Dominion Voting Systems employees face 'death threats' and ... ›
- Here’s why the ‘tortured logic’ of Sidney Powell’s defamation lawsuit defense is so weak: conservative law professor - Alternet.org ›
- Group headed by infamous 'Kraken' lawyer Sidney Powell now eyeing PA election probe - Alternet.org ›
- President Biden had two vulgar words to say when he first encountered one of Trump’s 'toys' in the White House - Alternet.org ›
- On the 'no-go list': Sidney Powell is the latest Trumpster to be ousted from the former president's inner circle - Alternet.org ›