Insurrectionist insists she won't go to jail because she has 'blonde hair, white skin'
Sadly, she might have been right. It doesn't matter how many police officers were injured or killed, how many were attacked with bear spray, fire extinguishers and flag staffs, or how many eyes were gouged, or how much feces were spread on the walls: the rioters were white and privileged.
But the cardinal sin in our justice system that she broke is that you don't say the quiet part out loud.
Realtor and part-time insurrectionist Jenna Ryan stormed the Capitol building on Jan. 6, took a selfie by the smashed window where the insurrectionists entered, and for some reason thinks its a good idea to keep the incendiary rhetoric going on her social media. Most people aren't very supportive of her on Twitter.
One guy told her she was going to jail.
This is how Ryan responded:
@tysonstuart Definitely not going to jail. Sorry I have blonde hair white skin a great job a great future and I'm n… https://t.co/6Zk3Qb57dM— Jenna Ryan (@Jenna Ryan)1616766192.0
This is wild. Georgia Rep. Park Cannon was detained by police for knocking on Gov. Brian Kemp’s door. https://t.co/ysG3COBa6v— philip lewis (@philip lewis)1616715825.0
Ryan has so far been charged with several offenses, including violent entry and disorderly conduct in a capitol building. Other charges, including sedition, might follow. But Ryan isn't worried at all; she expects all charges to be dropped, and a rich white guy is on the case.
Meeting with my criminal attorney at The Adolphus Hotel in Dallas, TX to discuss the protesting charges against me… https://t.co/tRQFj9PmUC— Jenna Ryan (@Jenna Ryan)1616702030.0
Oh, how fun this has been for her.
Will our justice system prove Jenna Ryan right?
We'll be watching.
- New 'Treason Caucus' campaign targets Cruz, Hawley for role in ... ›
- Off-duty cops across the US identified as participants in Capitol ... ›
- GOP's Jim Jordan busted for lying about Nancy Pelosi and Capitol ... ›
- Georgia officer who arrested lawmaker compares her to Capitol insurrectionists - Alternet.org ›
- Insurrectionist experiences 'shock' over being held with people accused of 'inner city crimes' - Alternet.org ›
- Family sues Capitol riot suspect accused of attacking DC police officer - Alternet.org ›