Green energy companies encouraged to sue Tucker Carlson over lie that Texas power grid is 'totally reliant on windmills'
Abbott: This shows how the Green New Deal would be a deadly deal for the United States of America... https://t.co/Q2jmZHcO6f— Acyn Torabi (@Acyn Torabi) 1613529704.0
Governor Abbott is not the only one lying about green energy being to blame for Texas's catastrophic mismanagement that turned deadly this week.
Here's Fox News's top evening host, Tucker Carlson lying Tuesday night by saying Texas's power grid is "totally reliant on windmills."
As crazed as Carlson may sound, reading the text of his claims is even more disturbing:
"So unbeknownst to most people the Green New Deal came to Texas, the power grid in the state became totally reliant on windmills, then it got cold and the windmills broke, 'cause that's what happens in the Green New Deal you're without power – millions are still without power tonight," Carlson told his Fox News viewers. "Several have died. Now the same energy policies that have wrecked Texas this week are going nationwide they're coming to your state."
Lies, more lies, and fear-mongering:
“totally reliant on windmills” https://t.co/xIfQPg0IlB— Acyn Torabi (@Acyn Torabi) 1613524783.0
Also nothing about the natural gas pipelines that froze, because telling the truth would destroy his narrative.
MSNBC's Chris Hayes tweeted that Carlson's claim is "Just a complete lie. Not a misstatement or a spinnable, hedged mischaracterization. A lie."
Daily Beast contributing editor Justin Baragona sets the record straight, citing a Bloomberg News report:
Once again, the main factors for the power outages are "frozen instruments at natural gas, coal and even nuclear f… https://t.co/41wXfHtoPO— Justin Baragona (@Justin Baragona) 1613513653.0
Now Americans are calling for Fox News to face the same kind of lawsuits it is looking at when it spent months lying about the 2020 election. Voting machines manufacturer Smartmatic is suing Fox News for billions, and Dominion appears to be on the same track.
Take a look:
Texas green energy providers: Sue Fox News. Announce intentions to sue today. Do it.— The Hoarse Whisperer (@The Hoarse Whisperer) 1613573000.0
Green energy companies need to follow Dominion and sue Fox News. https://t.co/N8hLZHAKqU— Knol (@Knol) 1613567331.0
Green Energy corporations should sue Fox News for their disinformation campaign. Just like voting software companie… https://t.co/K8ayF57BX5— Santiago Palomino (@Santiago Palomino) 1613495834.0
@acnewsitics @johnpavlovitz It all goes back to a steady diet of Fox News. Tucker is slamming green energy when it… https://t.co/7X56TajiEb— House Managers Defend Democracy (@House Managers Defend Democracy) 1613500194.0
@Acyn Time for wind turbine manufacturers to sue fox for $10 billion.— Jay Green (@Jay Green) 1613530459.0
@Acyn Can someone with skin in the green energy game sue Fox News already for perpetuating lies?— Anaslimedo (@Anaslimedo) 1613528720.0
@MSNBC @chrislhayes Green energy companies should sue Fox for defamation. It’s seems that’s the only way to stop th… https://t.co/8rjbvPoEYf— Katherine (@Katherine) 1613560428.0
@tiyasircar @Acyn @TuckerCarlson If the Green New Deal was a person, they could sue Fox News. As it is, Tucker can… https://t.co/W6vKiUlqAZ— Coat of Many Colours (@Coat of Many Colours) 1613549423.0
@bubbaprog I think the companies that provide the green energy in TX should sue FOX.— Roz Akin (@Roz Akin) 1613523663.0
- Fox News' Tucker Carlson says we don't know how George Floyd died ›
- Tucker Carlson says COVID vaccines are 'anti-white' as anti-vaxxers ... ›
- Tucker Carlson completely loses it over the idea that the FBI should ... ›
- 'Simply laughable': How a lie about the Texas energy crisis dominated Fox's coverage - Alternet.org ›
- How Texas repeatedly failed to protest its power grid against extreme weather - Alternet.org ›
- 'Unconscionable': Texas energy companies face stark criticism for price-gouging amid emergency - Alternet.org ›
- Texas’ immediate energy nightmare is over — but not the political fallout: reporter - Alternet.org ›
- Democrat wins cheers with a passionate rebuke to opponents of LGBTQ rights bill: 'You used God to enslave' - Alternet.org ›
- CEO of Texas power grid operator terminated in aftermath of winter storm - Alternet.org ›
- Pentagon: Secretary of defense feels 'revulsion' at Tucker Carlson’s attack on women in the military - Alternet.org ›
- 'Retreat to your safe space, snowflake': Tucker Carlson mocked for playing the victim after attacking women in the military - Alternet.org ›
- 'Sending people to their deaths': Internet explodes in outrage at Tucker Carlson promoting vaccine skepticism - Alternet.org ›
- Tucker Carlson transmits rising ecofascist themes about immigrants in attacks on border policies - Alternet.org ›
- Texas lawmakers target renewable energy in the aftermath despite natural gas failures during winter storm - Alternet.org ›
- The collapse of Texas' purposely fragile electrical grid was far deadlier than the state says: report - Alternet.org ›