'No ethics' Matt Gaetz criticized for having 'no moral high ground'
U.S. Rep. Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, decided to weigh in on Ted Cruz abandoning his constituents for a trip to sunny Cancun while some of them literally froze to death. Gaetz came out by defending Cruz, saying no apology was necessary.
More specifically, Gaetz gaslighted the general public, by saying, "Ted Cruz should not have apologized."
The Senator from Texas who used his two little girls as a shield for his bad behavior did not apologize.
"It was obviously a mistake and in hindsight I wouldn't have done it," which is what Cruz told reporters, is no apology.
Many have accepted Gaetz's false claim that Cruz apologized, but blasted him for saying that Cruz should have gone further, and resigned.
Others reminded Gaetz that he is hardly in any position to be a moral arbiter.
Take a look:
Congratulations. You're a failed humanhttps://t.co/FYYJp0IFfI
— Luke Zaleski (@ZaleskiLuke) February 19, 2021
Of course you would say that 🙄
Gaetz's job? Carrying his makeup bag around to appear on Fox News Let's not forget the illegal taxpayer funded studio 😡 — Debbie (@DebbieSVA) February 19, 2021
He should have resigned instead.
— David Weissman (@davidmweissman) February 19, 2021
Spoken like a guy who brought a Holocaust denier to the State of the Union.
— Sleeping Giants (@slpng_giants) February 19, 2021
Trumpism, in a nutshell: https://t.co/vesLpI378h
— Joe Walsh (@WalshFreedom) February 19, 2021
We already know you have no ethics
— Thor Benson (@thor_benson) February 19, 2021
Dude actually took first responders away from helping people freezing in their homes to get a police escort to the airport on Wednesday.https://t.co/0XYI5zX4ho
— Jedi, Interrupted 🏳️🌈 (@JediCounselor) February 19, 2021
Shitposting as a mode of governance https://t.co/ERvDPz3LNZ
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) February 19, 2021
This politician is so consumed with tribalism, he's lost touch with humanity. Never become this guy. If you have the means, help people in need wherever and whenever you can. https://t.co/Dy33AWOnLt
— Nick Martin (@nickmartin) February 19, 2021
Seriously? You know if that was some Democrat, you guys would have vilified them! Stop with the double standard and the shamelessness. Is that the lesson you learned from Trump — never apologize and never take accountability for your mistakes?
— Marcus Baram (@mbaram) February 19, 2021
Huh? His first responsibility is to the people of Texas. He let them down big time. of course though you do not get that.
— marybl (@marybl62) February 19, 2021
He needs to apologize to everyone in TX, including his dog.
— Pvt 1st Class, Army of the Decent (@smallsoulbites) February 19, 2021
Ted Cruz should not have fled to Mexico, on vacation, during a pandemic or statewide emergency. There, I fixed it for you.
— MamaDuck (@benjean2) February 19, 2021
Conservatives excused an insurrection and people wanting to murder the Vice President. They have no moral high ground.
— Matt Johnson (@mpj214) February 19, 2021
Someone is a little jealous of Cruz's surge in the biggest-jerk-in-Congress derby. https://t.co/wjx5R9nhiq
— Kim Masters (@kimmasters) February 19, 2021
And you shouldn't drink and drive, but here we are https://t.co/fCmxhCudAR
— Ari Cohn (@AriCohn) February 19, 2021
- Uproar breaks out in the House as Matt Gaetz lets loose with an ... ›
- GOP's Matt Gaetz obliterated after going full 'Florida Man' with racist ... ›
- Matt Gaetz gets unanimously admonished by House Ethics ... ›
- The big problem with Andrew Cuomo's apology - Alternet.org ›
- Rooting for Putin: Matt Gaetz compares Russian leader's demand to debate Biden to 'Rocky IV' -- but says president would lose - Alternet.org ›
- Wingnut Matt Walsh says the quiet part out loud - Alternet.org ›
- Matt Gaetz blasted after standing up for anti-LGBTQ hate group and promoting a 'fascist sympathizer' - Alternet.org ›
- Gaetz out? Florida firebrand may flee politics for Newsmax - Alternet.org ›
- Matt Gaetz and Andrew Cuomo: A troubling new 'school of politics' - Alternet.org ›
- Matt Gaetz provided escort ‘no show’ with government job: report - Alternet.org ›