'Incitement of insurrection': Democrats unveil damning new impeachment articles against Trump
House Democrats are moving forward with plans to impeach President Donald Trump, and will begin the official process Monday, NBC News reports. Several Democratic Members of Congress have circulated different sets of Articles of Impeachment but as of Friday afternoon the draft that appears to be supported by leadership consists of just one article: "Incitement of Insurrection."
The four-page article, which is to be presented before the full House on Monday, says Trump "will remain a threat to national security, democracy, and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office, and has acted in a manner grossly incompatible with self-governance and the rule of law."
Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez confirmed, "Congress will now be introducing articles of impeachment on Monday."
CNN's Manu Raju has posted the full text, which was drafted by Reps. David Cicilline, Ted Lieu, and Jamie Raskin.
Five hours ago Congressman Lieu said there were already 130 co-sponsors.
- Conservative slams GOP's 'poisonous buffoonery' — and makes ... ›
- 'We are clearly in dangerous waters': Conservative makes the case ... ›
- Schiff repeatedly slaps down GOP's immediate attempts to derail ... ›
- Don Jr. filmed Trump family's pre-insurrection watch party — and the president before his incitement speech - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Top House Democrat says Trump is a 'clear and present danger' and he expects impeachment - Alternet.org ›
- 'Five people are dead': Rep. Raskin calls out Jim Jordan for still pushing election conspiracy theories - Alternet.org ›
- This disturbing video reveals the dangerous pre-riot rhetoric of Trump and his allies - Alternet.org ›