'Tried to nullify millions of Black votes': Kayleigh McEnany smacked down for tweet praising MLK
Outgoing White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany is facing an onslaught of criticism after posting a tweet praising Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on MLK Day.
Calling Dr. King "a hero, who embodied love and faith in his pursuit for equality," McEnany posted a quote from the iconic Civil Rights leader. Given that she, as one social media user said, along with her president and her party "tried to nullify millions of black votes," it is an incredible self-own.
Today, we honor a hero, who embodied love and faith in his pursuit for equality: Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. “… https://t.co/iMbub2T4gt— Kayleigh McEnany (@Kayleigh McEnany)1610978183.0
And on her personal Twitter account she posted this quote:
“We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.” - Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. left a… https://t.co/7sEvueuseg— Kayleigh McEnany (@Kayleigh McEnany)1610978395.0
Early Monday morning Bernice King, the youngest daughter of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Coretta Scott King, issued a plea, a reminder, and a warning:
Here's how some are responding to McEnany's remarks.
(That is an actual tweet from McEnany, original here.)
- Kayleigh McEnany gets entangled in another Trump lie -- and this ... ›
- 'That's not doing your job': Kayleigh McEnany storms out of press ... ›
- Is Kayleigh McEnany sending secret messages to QAnon? Here's ... ›
- Media columnist blasts Kayleigh McEnany for her 'cowardly exit' from the White House - Alternet.org ›
- The liberal contempt for Martin Luther King's final year - Alternet.org ›
- ‘Repulsive’: Tennessee shop faces backlash for selling wearable yellow stars of David that say ‘not vaccinated’ - Alternet.org ›