Stunning video shows the contrasts between Sean Spicer and Biden’s new press secretary
When Jen Psaki, the new White House press secretary under President Joe Biden, addressed reporters on Wednesday, she had a much different tone from those who held that position under former President Donald Trump. And a short video vividly illustrates the contrasts between Psaki and former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
Trump's White House press secretaries were known for being hostile and combative with members of the media — first Spicer, then Sarah Huckabee Sanders, then Stephanie Grisham, and most recently, Kayleigh McEnany. The former president often described the press as "the enemy of the people," and all of them acted like they shared that point of view.
Day 1 Press Briefings: Trump admin vs. Biden admin https://t.co/S5wd57YrSr— The Recount (@The Recount)1611191236.0
The Spicer/Psaki video compares clips of Spicer from 2017 with clips of Psaki addressing reporters after Biden had been sworn in as president. In the video, Spicer angrily barks, "Some members of the media were engaged in deliberately false reporting" — while a diplomatic Psaki (who served as a State Department spokesperson under President Barack Obama from 2013-2015) advises reporters, "There will be times when we see things differently in this room."
Spicer demands, "That's what you guys should be writing and covering," while Psaki notes the importance of "bringing truth and transparency back to the (White House) Briefing Room." And while Spicer ends a press conference by barking, with obvious hostility, "I will see you on Monday," Psaki has a much friendlier tone when she wraps up by telling reporters, "Let's do this again tomorrow."
- 'That's not doing your job': Kayleigh McEnany storms out of press ... ›
- White House press secretary when asked if Trump will accept ... ›
- Kayleigh McEnany launches a 'weird and pointless' lie after Biden ... ›
- ‘Pathetic’ NYT reporter blasted for ‘ragingly incompetent’ questioning of Biden press secretary - Alternet.org ›
- White House press secretary shuts down Fox News' bogus attack on Biden - Alternet.org ›
- Right-wing reporter suggests Biden thinks he's a 'benevolent dictator' — and gets promptly shut down - Alternet.org ›
- White House press gets blowback for ignoring major issues in Biden's first press - Alternet.org ›
- Biden warns GOP: Republicans have to decide if they want to work together or 'continue the politics of division' - Alternet.org ›
- Here's the most significant line from Biden's press conference that the media totally missed - Alternet.org ›