Woman in 'critical condition' after shooting on Capitol grounds as Trump supporters storm building
Violent clashes erupted at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday afternoon as pro-Trump demonstrators clashed with police and stormed the building while Congress was preparing to certify President-elect Joe Biden's Electoral College victory.
CNN reports a woman is in critical condition after being shot in the chest on Capitol grounds.
Washington D.C.-based reporter Lindsey Watts tweeted:
BREAKING: DC paramedic source tells me one person shot in Capitol. CPR in progress— Lindsay Watts (@Lindsay Watts)1609963311.0
"Meet the Press" tweeted:
BREAKING: Woman rushed out of Capitol building on a stretcher, "covered in blood" https://t.co/IKmMmHNyZC— Meet the Press (@Meet the Press)1609963944.0
- 'They Felt They Had Nothing to Lose': NBC Reporter Explains Why ... ›
- Proud Boys wreak havoc on DC as Mike Flynn, Sebastian Gorka ... ›
- Leader of Proud Boys arrested ahead of pro-Trump protest in DC ... ›
- Capitol rioters planned for weeks in plain sight. The police still weren't ready - Alternet.org ›
- Woman fatally shot in US Capitol was a San Diego resident and Air Force veteran, family says - Alternet.org ›
- 'Complicit': Congressman slams US Capitol police for allowing building to be breached by Trump supporters - Alternet.org ›