Watch: Tensions flair in Congress as fist fight 'almost' breaks out between anesthesiologist and ex-NFL linebacker
Tempers flared in Congress early Thursday morning as Republicans continued to deny the fact that President-elect Joe Biden won the 2020 presidential election.
As Rep. Conor Lamb (D-PA) attempted do defend his state as Republicans sought to disenfranchise the Pennsylvania's voters, a scuffle almost broke out on the floor.
CNN's Kristin Wilson reported on the scene.
Rep. Andy Harris and Rep Colin Allred yelped at each other to “sit down” “no, you sit down!” from across the floor.… https://t.co/mtcllliKOM— Kristin Wilson (@Kristin Wilson)1610002948.0
The objection was over the question of whether Republicans lie.
Gizmodo's Dell Cameron didn't think it would be much of a fight.
Harris is a 63 year old anesthesiologist. Allred is 37 and built like a linebacker b/c, oh wait, he was an NFL line… https://t.co/kOA1UJqxRG— Dell Cameron (@Dell Cameron)1610002469.0
"There will be order in the House." Watch tensions rise on House floor during debate on Pennsylvania… https://t.co/SJcNKljU2K— CSPAN (@CSPAN)1610003289.0
- 'Open-and-shut crime': Members of Congress demand prosecution ... ›
- Chaos at the Capitol: Trump supporters launch assault as Congress ... ›
- 'I will carry my glock to Congress': GOP congresswoman ignites ... ›
- BUSTED: Republican caught trying to bring a gun onto the House floor - Alternet.org ›
- 'I was there': C-SPAN caller outs himself as Jan. 6 participant who wants to 'take our country back' - Alternet.org ›