'Irrelevant to the course of justice': CNN reports Bill Barr dismissed Trump’s tweets as ‘the deposed king ranting’
Attorney General Bill Barr is dismissing President Donald Trump's tweets, according to a new report by CNN.
Barr reportedly said, according to CNN's Jaimie Gangel, "none of this matters— it's the deposed King ranting. Irrelevant to the course of justice and to Trump's election loss."
What Attorney General Bill Barr really thinks of @realDonaldTrump tweets according to a source familiar with the dy… https://t.co/CflKvAymqp— Jamie Gangel (@Jamie Gangel)1607820703.0
Maggie Haberman of The New York Times offered her analysis.
The perspective of someone who watched Trump torment Sessions for 18 months without firing him https://t.co/m1mTZVH6LV— Maggie Haberman (@Maggie Haberman)1607826761.0
The report came after Trump had repeatedly lashed out at Barr on Twitter on Saturday.
Why didn’t Bill Barr reveal the truth to the public, before the Election, about Hunter Biden. Joe was lying on the… https://t.co/k33zVcRMWg— Donald J. Trump (@Donald J. Trump)1607784796.0
IF Biden gets in, nothing will happen to Hunter or Joe. Barr will do nothing, and the new group of partisan killers… https://t.co/Jb2hdSD72k— Donald J. Trump (@Donald J. Trump)1607780737.0
- Bill Barr quietly buries DOJ report that undermines Trump's ... ›
- Bill Barr is an authoritarian fanatic intent on establishing Christian ... ›
- Trump calls for the immediate firing of AG Bill Barr over Hunter Biden ... ›
- Bill Barr is out — and leaves behind a stunning letter - Alternet.org ›
- Law experts weigh in on what Barr's resignation could mean for the last 4 weeks of Trump's presidency - Alternet.org ›
- Bill Barr was Trump's biggest enabler — but his real legacy is even darker - Alternet.org ›