Mitch McConnell rushing to confirm more Trump judges after Biden’s election win
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell hasn't acknowledged that Joe Biden won the election, and he's calling the Senate back into session to confirm more judges nominated by President Donald Trump.
The Kentucky Republican hasn't commented on the election since Friday, a day before the race was called for Biden, but he'll resume his efforts to fill judicial vacancies with conservative nominees.
Mitch McConnell still has not acknowledged Joe Biden won the presidency but he’s bringing back the Senate today to… https://t.co/hAzvOQL6dA— Leslie Vote The Courts (@Leslie Vote The Courts) 1604924189.0
The Senate will return to work Monday to vote on Trump nominee James Ray Knepp II as for a judicial vacancy for the Northern District of Ohio, as the president enters his lame-duck period.
McConnell has vowed to confirm U.S. circuit and district court nominees until the 116th Congress is required to adjourn Jan. 3.
- Mitch McConnell is 'immune to shame' and charges of hypocrisy ... ›
- Mitch McConnell gets torn to shreds as 'evil' and 'cruel' in local paper ... ›
- McConnell blasted for 'laughing like Confederate Voldemort' about ... ›
- 'What's going on?' Mitch McConnell refuses to explain to voters why ... ›
- Trump plans to haunt Republicans indefinitely from his political grave - Alternet.org ›
- 'His priority as pandemic rages on': McConnell readies blitz to pack courts with Trump's judicial appointees - Alternet.org ›
- The new politics of the poor in Joe Biden’s and Mitch McConnell’s America - Alternet.org ›
- Constitutional scholar warns that Republicans are a threat to democracy - Alternet.org ›
- Mitch McConnell just engineered a lifetime judgeship for an ‘unqualified’ 33-year-old: 'Dangerous' - Alternet.org ›
- McConnell congratulated President-elect Biden. A predictable Trump meltdown ensued - Alternet.org ›