Pennsylvania’s lieutenant governor: Giuliani's voter fraud event 'like a weird pyramid scheme marketing thing'
Democratic Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. Fetterman and former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge, a Republican, come from different areas of the political spectrum. Fetterman is a liberal/progressive who was endorsed by Sen. Bernie Sanders in 2018, whereas Ridge is a Never Trump conservative who served as secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security under President George W. Bush. But one thing Fetterman and Ridge obviously agree on is that President-elect Joe Biden won Pennsylvania fair and square, and Fetterman tore former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani's bogus claims of widespread voter fraud in Pennsylvania to pieces during an appearance on MSNBC's "The 11th Hour" on Wednesday night, November 25.
Giuliani, President Donald Trump's personal attorney, has been claiming, without evidence, that Trump really won Pennsylvania's 20 electoral votes and that Democrats committed widespread voter fraud in the Keystone State. But Fetterman told "11th Hour" host Brian Williams that there is absolutely no evidence to back up any of Trump and Giuliani's claims.
This week, the election results were certified in Pennsylvania. Nonetheless, Trump's allies held an event in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania on November 25 to promote the campaign's bogus voter fraud claims, and Trump called into that event from the White House. Fetterman described the event as a "carnival barking" and "snake handling" and told Williams, "I don't take it seriously because no one really takes Mr. Giuliani seriously. Everyone knows how this movie is going to end. Like I said, it's just this sad, you know, like weird pyramid scheme marketing thing at a ballroom at the Ramada. Like, this wasn't an official function of the Pennsylvania State Senate — I'm the president of the Pennsylvania State Senate. There was nothing official about this. This was simply just some weird rally in a hotel ballroom designed to spread more information, because that's all it is. All they have is lies."
The 75-year-old Ridge, who served two terms as Pennsylvania governor, was equally scathing in his reaction to Team Trump's Gettysburg event, tweeting:
History will record the shameful irony that a president who lied to avoid military service staged a bogus event on… https://t.co/yrUyyHaQdG— Gov. Tom Ridge (@Gov. Tom Ridge) 1606340626.0
Fetterman, during his "11th Hour" appearance, also told Williams, "They have had over three weeks now to come up with anything concrete, and they haven't. Where's the voter fraud? Not one single case of voter fraud, aside from the two established cases in Pennsylvania which both involved Republicans trying to vote for Trump with their relatives, whether they were dead or living."
Watch the video below:
11 26 2020 06 24 42 youtu.be
- Former Pennsylvania GOP congressman warns: 'The anti-Trump ... ›
- Here's why Democrats have a path to victory in one of the GOP's ... ›
- 'Math doesn't care about his feelings': Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. offers ... ›
- 'Election math problem': PA Lt. Gov. highlights budget issues as GOP pushes for Pennsylvania election audit - Alternet.org ›
- Voting right: Pennsylvania GOP advances voting restrictions designed to bypass governor - Alternet.org ›
- How Pennsylvania’s Democratic attorney general fought back against Trump’s bogus election lawsuits — and won at least 40 times: report - Alternet.org ›
- Here’s how Trump accidentally helped Pennsylvania’s attorney general destroy his election fraud lies - Alternet.org ›
- REVEALED: Some GOP electors slammed Rudy Giuliani's plan - Alternet.org ›