MSNBC’s Chris Hayes spits fire at Republicans for letting America be ‘thrashed’ by COVID-19
As President-elect Joe Biden's lead over President Donald Trump continues to grow in both the electoral vote and the popular vote, many pundits are analyzing the reasons for Biden's victory. At the top of the list of reasons is Trump's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which Biden has repeatedly slammed as disastrous. MSNBC's Chris Hayes clearly shares Biden's view, and during an angry, scathing commentary on his Wednesday night show, the news host argued that Trump and other Republicans have failed their country miserably during the worst pandemic in over 100 years.
Hayes opened his commentary by noting the current popular vote count, pointing out that Americans of all political stripes are suffering because of the pandemic.
"This is an enormous, complicated country," Hayes explained. "72 million people voted for Donald Trump, and 77 million and counting — that will go up — voted for Joe Biden in the tallying completed so far. And Trump voters and Biden voters, we share this country together. What it means to be American is to share this place."
Hayes added, "The best form of patriotism is that you love your country not because it's better than other counties — you love it the same way you love your family: because it's yours. And you fight for it because it's yours. And this country, our country we all share together, is in unbelievable distress right now."
The MSNBC host went on address the fact that in the U.S., the pandemic has been going from bad to worse in one state after another.
"Americans are all being thrashed by this virus," Hayes angrily noted, adding that per-capita, the U.S. has some of the worst COVID-19 infection rates in the world. The U.S. clearly leads the world in the number of COVID-19 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. But on a per-capita basis, the infection rates in the U.S. are — as Hayes pointed out — also appalling. And Hayes slammed not only Trump, but also, other Republicans who continue to hold superspreader events that ignore social distancing guidelines.
Hayes told viewers, "There are more than 150 countries doing better than us…. We should be demanding the best of our country and our leadership. But instead, this corrupt, defeated government has surrendered."
Watch the video below:
Chris Hayes: If The GOP Loves Our Country, It Needs To Fight Covid-19 | All In | MSNBC - YouTube www.youtube.com
- What happens when red states pass blue states in COVID-19 cases ... ›
- Watch: Viral graph shows the stark divide between red and blue ... ›
- Why COVID-19 isn't close to being defeated in the US — and we risk ... ›
- Here are 2 simple facts about COVID-19 that blow up conservative ... ›
- Coronavirus swabs made during Trump's Maine factory tour will be ... ›
- Trump's massive rallies amid COVID-19 pandemic are backfiring in ... ›
- The data suggests the United States' testing regime is still missing ... ›
- Survey: Has the United States failed in its Covid-19 response ... ›
- First combined flu and COVID-19 cases emerge in United States ... ›
- The enraging deja vu of the third coronavirus wave - Alternet.org ›
- MSNBC's Chris Hayes fumes at Trump's 'depraved indifference' as COVID becomes deadlier than ever before - Alternet.org ›
- 'Unforgivably evil': Chris Hayes blasts Trump for 'intentionally' taking actions that killed hundreds of thousands - Alternet.org ›
- MSNBC's Chris Hayes demands more than impeachment: Trump 'should be arrested and tried for sedition' - Alternet.org ›