Secret recording reveals a swearing and ranting Melania Trump
Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, a former top aide to First Lady Melania Trump, released a new recording of the wife of President Donald Trump on Thursday to CNN. It showed a side of the first lady that hasn't been seen in public before.
"They say I'm complicit,. I'm the same like him, I support him. I don't say enough, I don't do enough," she said. "I'm working my ass off on the Christmas stuff. That you know, who gives a fuck about Christmas stuff and decoration? But I need to do it, right?"
CNN's Anderson Cooper, interviewing Wolkoff, noted that these comments stand in stark contrast to the Fox News view of the holiday. The network has been warning about an attack on the holiday from liberals in the mythical "War on Christmas" for years now.
But what came next was even more shocking.
"And then they say, 'Oh what about he children that, they were separated?'" she said, referring to the administration's policy of separating asylum seekers from their children when they crossed the U.S.-Mexico border. "Give me a fucking break. Where they were saying anything when Obama did that? I cannot go. I was trying to get the kid reunited with the mom. I didn't have a chance. It needs to go through the process and through the law."
At another point in the recording. Wolkoff asked her about the infamous jacket the first lady wore to visit the separate children, which said in painted white letters on the back: "I really don't care, do u?"
"I'm driving liberals crazy, that's for sure," she said. "And they deserve it. You understand? And everybody's like, 'oh my God, this is the worst, this is the worst,' after, I mean, come on. They are crazy."
Watch the clips below:'
- Melania 'delighted' to mark holidays after being caught on tape asking who cares 'about Christmas?' - Alternet.org ›
- Melania Trump unveils new White House tennis court as US COVID deaths approach 300,000 - Alternet.org ›
- There's no comfort & joy in Melania Trump's bleak and impersonal Christmas decor - Alternet.org ›
- 'Pandora's Box': Ex-Melania aide hints at 'enormous trove of communications' after DOJ drops lawsuit - Alternet.org ›
- Republican candidate in secret recording says he has access to Russian hit squad and would 'end' opponent's life - Alternet.org ›
- Trump erupted in profanity after his 'stupidest' lawyers submitted typo-riddled briefs: new book - Alternet.org ›
- 'Like Nixon drunk rambling': Anderson Cooper shocked by new Trump recording blaming Capitol police for Jan. 6 - Alternet.org ›
- The 'War on Christmas' rhetoric began on Oct. 4 with a Fox & Friends segment — and it won't stop anytime soon - Alternet.org ›