Election holds future of young, undocumented immigrants in the balance
SAN DIEGO — Among the many policies that will be on the ballot Nov. 3 is what will happen to the lives of thousands of undocumented immigrants who came to the United States as children.The Trump administration has tried to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, known as DACA, which began under the Obama administration. For the past four years, Trump officials have argued that the program is illegal and should be stopped.DACA has so far survived only through court intervention. Even after the Supreme Court issued a decision in June that it should be fully restored because it wa...
- 8 Insidious Attacks on Our Democracy That You Don't Know About ... ›
- How Student DREAMers Won A Step in Immigration Reform ... ›
- Bill Moyers and Dahlia Lithwick break down how the courts have ... ›
- GOP's Attack on Latino Immigrants Is Focused On Preventing Them ... ›
- 'Dangerously bad': Coalition accuses Adam Schiff of throwing ... ›