‘Literally copied from Putin’: Intelligence expert blasts Trump’s RNC performance
Intelligence and counterterrorism expert Malcolm Nance is criticizing President Donald Trump’s Republican National Convention performance from Tuesday night, noting the extreme similarity to images of Russian President Vladimir Putin at the Kremlin.
President Trump inappropriately if not illegally used uniformed members of the U.S. Military in video of him walking in the White House to attend a citizenship naturalization ceremony for five immigrants, staged for the RNC. (Ethics experts say the use of the White House for a political campaign is unprecedented, a gross abuse of power, and entirely inappropriate. There are also concerns of violations of the Hatch Act.)
“This entire camera shot is LITERALLY COPIED FROM PUTIN & THE KREMLIN,” Nance, noticing the disturbing parallel, said on Twitter. “The soldiers, the doors opening, the red carpet.” He called it “disgraceful.”
Here’s a screenshot from video the White House released Tuesday of the naturalization ceremony:
Here’s an image of the Russian Honor Guard opening the doors for President Vladimir Putin.
Voila! #TheyPlagarizeEverything https://t.co/bpME7VHjVw— Malcolm Nance (@Malcolm Nance) 1598431585.0
Nance wasn’t the only one who noticed:
If this moment looked odd to you, it's because you don't have authoritarian tendencies. Compare ceremonial guards s… https://t.co/zz01gp5z1E— Darlene McDonald (@Darlene McDonald) 1598419052.0
Nance points to this mashup as well:
Trump plagiarized his mentor's entrance. Sorry I had to do it. https://t.co/pRG6DyOuT6— Christopher Bouzy (@Christopher Bouzy) 1598445658.0
Here’s the White House’s video. It’s unclear why it needed to begin with the members of the military opening the doors for Trump, or him walking into the room.
Today, President @realDonaldTrump welcomed five of our newest AMERICAN CITIZENS as they took the Oath of Allegiance… https://t.co/S2WjyrueZh— The White House (@The White House) 1598407917.0
- Trump's biggest betrayal yet could come in the last days of his presidency - Alternet.org ›
- Homeland Security, State Department and other agencies hacked in sophisticated Russian breach - Alternet.org ›
- Trump translator says listening to calls with Putin 'felt like eavesdropping on two friends chatting in a bar' - Alternet.org ›
- Trump still loves Putin — and says he trusts him more than US intel - Alternet.org ›
- Putin tells Black US reporter he'd 'prevent' Black Lives Matter in Russia after she asks what he's 'afraid of' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Laughed out of court': Leaked emails show RNC's top lawyer thought Trump election lawsuits were 'a joke' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Beyond Putin's wildest dreams': Kremlin's backing of Trump had goal to 'alter mass consciousness in certain groups' - Alternet.org ›
- Intelligence security experts react to bombshell new Trump-Putin allegations with skepticism - Alternet.org ›
- 'Increased vulnerability to subversion': Security expert explains how 'Putin blazed the trail that Trump' followed - Alternet.org ›
- 'This is not normal': Some Republicans are fuming over RNC payments to law firm that represented Trump - Alternet.org ›