Trump admits he’s ‘not a good loser' and will ‘have to see’ if he accepts election results: ‘Not going to just say yes’
President Donald Trump is refusing to say if he will accept the results of the November 3 presidential election. In a wide-ranging Fox News interview the president would not give a straight answer, dodged the question, and insisted the election would be “rigged” due to mail-in voting.
“I’m not a good loser. I don’t like to lose,” Trump told “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace in an interview that airs today. “I don’t lose too often. I don’t like to lose.”
Wallace asked Trump if he is “gracious.”
The President shrugged, his right eye seemed to close, and then he refused to give a straight answer to that question also: “You don’t know until you see. It depends.”
He did not say on what, but falsely claimed mail-in voting “is going to rig the election.”
Wallace pressed Trump, asking if he was “suggesting” he would not accept the results.
“No. I have to see,” the president replied.
Wallace then reminded the President that during the 2016 debates he told Trump about the peaceful transition of power.
“Can you give a direct answer? You will accept the election?”
“I have to see,” Trump cried defensively. “Look, No, I’m not going to just say yes. I’m not going to say no – and I didn’t last time either,” was Trump’s final answer.
TRUMP: "I think mail-in voting is going to rig the election." WALLACE: "Are you suggesting that you might not acce… https://t.co/H7UkjMvaRt— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1595168269.0
- Here's how elections are actually stolen in Russia - Alternet.org ›
- How Trump turned himself into a historic loser - Alternet.org ›
- 'The ultimate loser': Conservative breaks down all the ways Trump has been a total ‘disaster’ for the GOP - Alternet.org ›
- Donald Trump is the now biggest loser in US political history - Alternet.org ›
- 'Disgraceful' Trump slammed by WSJ as a 'three-time election loser' in scorching editorial - Alternet.org ›