Fox News hosts' argument spirals out of control in explosive fight over Trump's failing promise
Fox News host Neil Cavuto and Fox Business host Lou Dobbs got into a shouting match on air Wednesday while arguing over President Donald Trump's performance on the economy.
While they both gave Trump an unearned amount of credit for the state of the economy, Cavuto had the more measured view in that he recognized the president's failure to address the national debt — despite his promise to eliminate it. In fact, under Trump, the deficit has only grown.
Dobbs refused to acknowledge this fact, only pointing to deregulation and the continued job growth in the country.
"Do you think this president has done anything to contain the deficits and the debt that have spiraled, still, from what levels we had from Barack Obama?" Cavuto said.
"I do, indeed," Dobbs said.
But of course, there was still no answer to this question, because deficits are rising not falling. Even if, absurdly, you gave Trump credit for every job that had been created since he took office, you still couldn't coherently claim that he did anything to reduce the deficit or the debt, because they're both still growing.
Watch the clip below:
Wow. Fox News personalities Neil Cavuto and Lou Dobbs had an unusually heated exchange after Cavuto challenged Dobb… https://t.co/3exnOJjqfC— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1564616159
- 'Don't Jesse!': Fox News panel tries to shut down one host when she calls out the Trump kids' - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News host has COVID-19, tells America to ‘get vaccinated, for yourself and everyone around you’ - Alternet.org ›
- 'I want you gone. Dead': Fox News host who told audience to get COVID vaccine gets extreme hate mail - Alternet.org ›
- Trump's Lou Dobbs interview goes off the rails as he rants about his publisher struggling to find leather for his new book - Alternet.org ›
- Neil Cavuto reveals that his own viewers wanted him to die of COVID-19 - Alternet.org ›
- 'Coward' Lou Dobbs slammed by conservative for throwing away his career for Trump - Alternet.org ›