Editorial: Max Blumenthal Joins AlterNet as a Senior Writer
AlterNet is pleased to announce that the accomplished independent journalist Max Blumenthal has come aboard in the role of senior writer. AlterNet and Blumenthal have an editorial relationship dating back to 2004, and he has emerged as one of our most popular writers. We have published dozens of Blumenthal's investigative reports on issues ranging from the influence of the Christian right to police brutality and his current area of focus, the Israel-Palestine crisis.
Fresh off the success of his most recent book, Goliath: Life and Loathing in Greater Israel, Blumenthal will focus on the deepening crisis in the Middle East and its role in shaping political dynamics and public opinion in the US, particularly the special relationship with Israel. He will also continue his occasional investigative coverage of essential domestic political issues from corporate media consolidation to education privatization. Blumenthal has published a number of important stories for AlterNet this year, from an exclusive expose about the breakdown in relations between Obama and Muslim Americans to an inside account on how MSNBC stifled discussion of Israel's assault on Gaza from a Palestinian perspective. Most recently, he began a series of on-the-ground reports from the Gaza Strip, gathering exclusive testimonies from victims of previously undocumented war crimes.
- Obama Humiliates Muslim Guests at White House Ramadan Event, Endorses Israel’s Gaza Assault and NSA Surveillance
- 'Witch Hunt': Fired MSNBC Contributor Speaks Out on Suppression of Israel-Palestine Debate
- Gruesome Tales Surface of Israeli Massacres Against Families in Gaza Neighborhood
- Gaza Residents Share Allegations of Abuse, Claim Israeli Soldiers Used Them as Human Shields
- The Hannibal Directive: How Israel Killed Its Own Troops and Massacred Palestinians to Prevent Soldier's Capture