Last week Eric Trump declared it was “unconstitutional” for the Attorney General of New York to sue Donald Trump. Overnight New York Attorney General Letitia James released a 115-page report – a legal filing – detailing “significant evidence” of possible fraud by the Trump Organization, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., and Ivanka Trump.
Wednesday morning Eric Trump lashed out at the New York AG, telling Letitia James his family is “prosecuting” her, which is legally impossible. He posted a highly-edited video showing James on the campaign trail promising to investigate Donald Trump – a legitimate campaign pledge.
“Letitia you can not escape your own words,” Eric Trump posted to Twitter, along with the doctored video. “This is all window dressing for your abuse of office and ethical misconduct (which we are prosecuting you for) and northing [sic] more than a PR move to revive a political career after your gubernatorial disaster.”
James briefly ran for governor but pulled out, presumably to complete her investigation into the Trump Organization and Trump family.
Former federal prosecutor Ron Filipkowski calls Eric Trump’s attack “incredibly dumb.”
- Eric Trump melts down on Fox News because he's getting ... ›
- Eric Trump gets a history lesson on his father's golf-and-travel habit ... ›
- Watch: Eric Trump clumsily claimed the LGBTQ community loves his ... ›
- Giuliani subpoena demands he turn over evidence for voter fraud lies — and what he was paid to push them - Alternet.org ›
- 'Unbelievable': White House reporter refutes Eric Trump’s bogus claim his father worked '24 hours a day' - Alternet.org ›
- Distraught Eric Trump calls for prosecutors to investigate Hillary Clinton: 'They’ll go after my father for nothing' - Alternet.org ›
- Eric Trump’s bizarre attack on Biden fumbles after he’s called out for one glaring mistake - Alternet.org ›
- Eric Trump thought violence was 'fair game' as his father pushed election lies: documentarian - Alternet.org ›