Tucker Carlson makes 'racist joke' about George Floyd in response to murder of Tyre Nichols
Fox News’ Tucker Carlson managed to incorporate a racist “joke” into a recent segment of his show covering the murder of Tyre Nichols, Huffpost reports.
The host began his rant by targeting President Joe Biden’s recent decision to end the COVID-19 emergency, and claimed the White House’s decision means he’s forced to turn his attention to 29-year-old Nichols' murder last month.
Carlson then proceeded to take aim at Democrats, complaining that the party “needed an emergency, so they found one,” and that’s “white racism.”
WATCH: Tucker Carlson urges Republicans to embrace racist conspiracy theory as central campaign theme
"White racism is getting harder to find," Carlson lamented. "Very few unarmed Black men are killed by white cops these days. Where’s George Floyd when you need him?”
Contrary to Carlson's statement, Rolling Stone found that in 2023, police have already killed at least seven unarmed black people.
Watch the segment below or at this link.
\u201cTucker Carlson invokes George Floyd's name in an unhinged racist rant:\n\n"Very few unarmed Black men are killed by cops these days. Where's George Floyd when you need him?"\u201d— Kat Abu (@Kat Abu) 1675213869
- Tucker Carlson pushes bizarre, racist theory about Britney Griner’s release from a Russian prison ›
- Watch: Tucker Carlson accidentally tells the truth about Republicans in mid-gaslight Freudian slip ›
- Watch: Tucker Carlson botches presidential history while defending Richard Nixon ›
- A 'demonic force': Bombshell text messages reveal how Tucker Carlson really felt about Trump - Alternet.org ›
- 'Repulsive and morally repugnant': Virginia judge slammed for using antebellum slavery law in embryo ruling - Alternet.org ›
- 'It is so insane but our viewers believe it': Tucker Carlson's producers quietly trashed Fox News' audience - Alternet.org ›