'No White House participation whatsoever': Merrick Garland douses Team Trump's interference claims
United States Attorney General Merrick Garland on Tuesday pushed back against baseless claims made by former President Donald Trump and his attorneys that President Joe Biden has been secretly orchestrating the litany of probes into Trump.
During an interview with C-SPAN, a reporter noted that "a number of President Trump's allies have suggested without any evidence that you are conducting these investigations at the behest of the Biden White House. I just want to give you an opportunity to address that."
Garland stated that "I think that the president made clear when he appointed me that he would not interfere with in any way any criminal investigations and he has stood by that. And there has been no White House participation whatsoever."
The latest incident occurred on Tuesday morning when Trump's lawyer Alina Habba told Newsmax that the Federal Bureau of Investigation "planted" the evidence that it seized at Trump's Palm Beach, Florida Mar-a-Lago estate during its search warrant execution on August 8th.
"We can't really be sure that they're following the law at any point and that's the most concerning thing I think for all Americans right now," she said.
Team Trump has also refused to cooperate with his hand-picked special master's order to identify which of the top-secret documents seized by the FBI that Trump has insisted that he "declassified."
Watch below or at this link.
\u201cAttorney General Merrick Garland responds to Republicans baselessly claiming President Biden had involvement in the FBI searching Mar-a-Lago and seizing classified documents:\n\n\u201cThere has been no White House participation whatsoever.\u201d\u201d— The Recount (@The Recount) 1664309458
- Merrick Garland has more than enough evidence to indict Donald ... ›
- 'Methodical' Merrick Garland 'fears no person' — and he's coming for ... ›
- Merrick Garland's case against Donald Trump is probably airtight ... ›
- Watch: Merrick Garland announces Trump’s presidential candidacy announcement influenced him to appoint special counsel - Alternet.org ›
- Elie Mystal explodes on ‘idiot’ Merrick Garland with 3 basic facts attacking ‘self-serving’ special counsel appointment - Alternet.org ›
- Former Trump surgeon general struggling to get career back on track due to 'Trump Effect' - Alternet.org ›