Stephen Colbert mocks bizarre Omicron conspiracy theory by turning the tables on anti-vaxxers
Stephen Colbert is addressing the latest bizarre conspiracy theories anti-vaxxers are pushing with the emergence of the latest COVID variant Omicron.
On the Thursday evening edition of "The Late Show," Colbert slammed the latest round of mind-boggling claims from anti-vaxxers insisting the emerging variant is a hoax, reports HuffPost.
“The newest batch of online stupid maintains that omicron is a hoax,” said Colbert. “Their proof? If you scramble the letters of omicron, you get the word moronic.”
“Wow … that theory is incredibly omicron,” he joked.
It's Looking Rough For Roe | Tracking Omicron From 'Moronic' To 'No Crimbo' youtu.be
Colbert went on to discuss the claims being pushed by conspiracy theorists in Britain. Colbert's criticism of anti-vaxxers comes as a small number of Omicron-variant COVID cases have been discovered in the United States. As of Thursday, December 2, a total of five Omicron COVID cases have been identified in New York state.
Despite anti-vaxxers claims about the strain being nothing more than a hoax, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is urging Americans to remain vigilant in making efforts to protect themselves and mitigate the spread of the virus.
- Colbert has a piece of advice for Trump ahead of the upcoming ... ›
- Stephen Colbert slams Ron DeSantis and gives Florida a mocking ... ›
- Eric Trump to headline an anti-vaxx event alongside QAnon ... ›
- David Letterman takes a jab at Trump during Kennedy Center Honors event - Alternet.org ›
- Pfizer says its new pill can dramatically reduce COVID’s severity — even with the Omicron variant - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News host makes ludicrous argument against COVID-19 vaccines - Alternet.org ›
- Indiana’s Republican attorney general says he doesn’t believe his own state’s COVID-19 figures - Alternet.org ›
- WHO chief decries 'moral shame' of vaccine apartheid amid omicron 'tsunami' - Alternet.org ›
- Expect an 'unprecedented number of social disruptions' amid Omicron surge: health experts - Alternet.org ›
- 'One of America's darkest days': Stephen Colbert commemorates Jan. 6 anniversary with 'Rent' parody - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Stephen Colbert mocks Putin as the Russian military struggles to overtake Ukraine - Alternet.org ›