These 9 Republicans joined with House Democrats to find Steve Bannon in contempt of Congress
Only nine House Republicans joined with every Democrat in voting to hold Trump ally Steve Bannon in criminal contempt of Congress. Thursday afternoon's final vote was 229-202.
#BREAKING: U.S. House finds Steve Bannon in Contempt of Congress, 229-202 https://t.co/M57pJtZ0v8— CSPAN (@CSPAN) 1634847703.0
Bannon refused to obey a lawful congressional subpoena ordering him to hand over documents and to submit to congressional investigators for a deposition. His legal defense was mocked by experts after he tried to invoke executive privilege.
BREAKING: The House has adopted the bipartisan H.Res.730, finding Stephen K. Bannon in contempt of Congress for fai… https://t.co/sZNAMkhTGa— January 6th Committee (@January 6th Committee) 1634847187.0
Minority Whip Steve Scalise had directed House Republicans to vote against the motion.
Top voting rights attorney Marc Elias warns against praising the nine Republicans for doing the right thing in this one instance: "all nine of them voted against voting rights legislation," he tweeted.
Before anyone praises them, all nine of them voted against voting rights legislation. https://t.co/QMFsczUgjk— Marc E. Elias (@Marc E. Elias) 1634847779.0
- Jan. 6 committee plans to use 'criminal contempt' to enforce ... ›
- Republicans are 'shooting themselves in the foot' by not agreeing ... ›
- Jan. 6 committee announces it will push for criminal contempt ... ›
- Steve Bannon's contempt case: Could the coverup lead to the truth of the crime? - Alternet.org ›
- 'With a law-and-order party like this, who needs crooks?': GOP slammed by heartland paper for ignoring Bannon's criminality - Alternet.org ›