Arizona Republicans threaten to arrest fellow GOPers if they don't turn over ballots for another recount: report
The report notes that the Maricopa board is also predominately Republican but that hasn't stopped state senators from going after them.
"The Arizona Senate, controlled by Republicans, has threatened to hold the supervisors, nearly all Republicans, in contempt for not responding to subpoenas asking for copies of all the county's mail-in ballots and access to voting machines. The Senate wants to perform its own audit," the report states. "Some senators have even threatened to arrest the supervisors over the matter, and the body could vote on the contempt resolution as early as Monday."
The report notes that "For the hand count, the county examined ballots from 2% of vote centers, as well as 5,000 early ballots, and found that the county's voting machines counted the ballots with 100% accuracy. Political parties appointed representatives to select which vote centers to audit, and they helped perform the hand count," and that tests showed that, " machines operated without error."
According to USA Today, "The Senate wants a more thorough hand count of ballots. And they want to do it themselves – or to choose who will."
- Arizona GOP lawmakers who traveled to DC before Capitol riot ... ›
- Arizona GOP Twitter account urges Republicans to 'give their lives ... ›
- 'Insulting' GOP bill would let Arizona lawmakers throw out ... ›
- Arizona Republicans sent a silent but clear message after this lawmaker spoke at a white nationalist event - Alternet.org ›
- Arizona Republicans chase Rudy Giuliani's election fever dream — wining control over millions of ballots - Alternet.org ›