5 Reasons Why Trump Is Faltering Since He Locked Up Nomination
Trump keeps stumbling, and it may be starting to hurt him, looking at recent polls against Hillary. Here are 5 reasons why Trump's campaign is faltering:
1. The Trump campaign was totally unprepared for the national effort needed once the nomination was sealed. Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton has been attacking Trump in ads since late March, as has so far spent around $9 million on negative ads against the GOP nominee alone.
2. Trump’s lateness to unify with the RNC pushed back the critical digital voter mobilization needed to identify potential voters. In May, Trump mocked the data operation as “overrated,” while employing only “one full time outside contractor and ‘a few’ in-house employees,” NBC News reported.
3. Trump’s reaction to his own university lawsuit and the federal judge presiding over the case was so racially inflammatory that it even caused some moderate Republicans in Congress and statewide to retract their endorsement.
4. Trump can’t seem curb his “braggadocious” behavior
“I feel like a supermodel, except like times 10," Trump told the audience during a rally Saturday June 18, in Arizona. Seriously, can you imagine this statement echoed by any of our former presidents?
5. The Trump campaign’s abrupt firing of campaign manager Corey Lewandowski less than a month before the GOP convention is eerie, to say the least.
“I don't know. I don't know the answer to that." Lewandowski told CNN's Dana Bash, when asked why he was fired.
Lewandowski was charged in late March with misdemeanour battery for an incident involving a reporter, but at the time Trump protested adamently against his firing.
"It would be so easy for me to terminate this man, ruin his life, ruin his family," Trump said in a CNN Town Hall, which makes us really wonder what happened.