10 Most Scathing Lines From Elizabeth's Warren's Latest Full Frontal Trump Attack (Video)
Sen. Elizabeth Warren often speaks out against extremist Republicans who are solely concerned with advancing the agenda of the wealthy and powerful. But her favorite target lately is Donald Trump.
Though in relative terms, Trump has only recenly entered politcs—unlike the "right-wing majority on the DC circuit which caused cases to pile up," as Warren puts it—as the presumed GOP nominee, he too requires Democrats to fight back.
Warren joined the chorus of condemnation of Trump for his ugly and racist line of attack on Judge Gonzalo Curiel, the federal judge handling the Trump University case.
Here are 10 of her best lines from the night.
1. “Professional diversity is missing from the federal bench and justice suffers for it, but even disqualifying judges based on their professional background isn’t enough for Donald Trump.”
2. “Trump tells everyone who will listen that he is a great businessman, but let’s be honest, he is just a guy who inherited a fortune and kept it rolling along by cheating people.”
3. “[Trump]’s even condemned federal judges who are Muslim based on the disgusting theory that Trump’s own bigotry compromises the judge’s neutrality.”
4. “Like all federal judges, Judge Curiel is bound by the federal code of judicial ethics not to respond to these attacks. Trump is picking on someone who is ethically bound—exactly what you would expect from a thin-skinned, racist bully.”
5. “Donald Trump says Judge Curiel should be ashamed of himself; no, Donald, you should be ashamed of yourself.”
6. “You think you have some god-given right to steal people’s money and get away with it.”
7. “[For] race-baiting a judge who spent years defending America from the terror of murderers and drug traffickers simply because long ago his family came to America from somewhere else, you, Donald Trump are a total disgrace.”
8. “Donald Trump is a loud, nasty, thin-skinned fraud, who has never risked anything for anyone and who serves no one but himself, and that is just one of the many reasons he will never be president of the United States.”
9. “Trump isn’t a different kind of candidate ... he is exactly the kind of you’d expect from a Republican Party whose script for several years has been to execute a full-scale assault on the integrity of our courts.”
10. “Donald Trump chose racism as his weapon, but his aim is exactly the same as the rest of the Republicans: Pound the courts into submission for the rich and the powerful.”