Surprisingly Good Advice for Recent Grads ... From Fox News, of All Places
Commencement speeches are, for the most part, littered with lofty language, this year being no exception. So, to counteract the stereotypical bore, Fox News' The Five came up with their own practical to-do list for the class of 2016, or really anyone at a fork in the road in their life.
Here it is:
1. Achievement must arrive for all rewards; this will motivate you to be successful.
2. If you want to get rich, figure out what robots can’t do and do that.
3. Be the hardest worker in the office, no matter what your job is.
4. Make time to pursue your passion while you have a job, rather than quitting without another to fall back on.
5. Learn how to distinguish between a dream and a goal.
6. Read the room, and know how to get the decision-makers, in any meeting, on your side.
7. Make sure everybody in your environment feels important and respected.
8. Don’t be afraid to work for free, but don’t be afraid to put limits on what you will and won’t do for free.
9. Always be cultivating authentic value in what you do.
10. Appreciate having a job.