Watch: 7 Really Ridiculous Anti-Drug Ads
Last month, the Internet was treated to the haplessly inept spectacle of the Stoner Sloth, a misbegotten anti-marijuana public service announcement (PSA) that easily earned the ridicule it garnered around the web. Stoner Sloth was an Australian project, but maybe Americans shouldn't laugh too hard at the silly Aussies, because we have a long and inglorious history of producing equally silly anti-drug PSA ourselves.
Thanks to the Partnership for a Drug Free America and some like-minded folks, we here present seven examples of ludicrous anti-drug PSAs American-style.
1. Smoke pot and forget how to do karate. "Cannabis—high for a night, slow for a month"
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Beware of scary sixth-graders trying to get 3rd graders to smoke pot. And, ooh, what a comeback this kid has!
3. Smoke pot, get flat. Sarah can't talk because she smoked pot. Plus, she's now lazy and boring. Plus, she's, like, totally deflated.
4. Concerned dog warns about pot. Unlike Sarah in the clip above, Lindsay's dog can talk, and he's very concerned about her marijuana use. But is she hearing a talking dog because she's high? If she is, then his message isn't real and should be ignored. Right?
5. Doctors on pot. Must be medical marijuana. Also, if someone smokes weed, they must apparently smoke it at all times, including while performing surgery.
6. Pot losers. We smoke pot, so we don't have girlfriends, play sports, or have outside interests. Are any of these guys even old enough to drive? The gap-toothed kid the back is pretty funny, though.
7. Snake, the drug dealer. He'll sell you anything—crack, coke, weed—and if you take one hit, you're screwed. Plus, he turns into a snake.