Laser Vibrators? Here's What Was in Those $168,000 Swag Bags at the Oscars
The Oscars were this past weekend, with big wins for actors Eddie Redmayne, who portrayed Stephen Hawking, and the Alejandro IÃ±Ã¡rritu film "Birdman." But don't feel too bad for those nominees who didn't win; they were still sent home with pricey consolation prizes: goodie bags valued at around $168,000.
Here are some of the items contained within, as reported by USA Today:
To call some of contents of this year's gift bag wacky — if not racy — might be an understatement. Among them:
• Laser vibrator. The Afterglow Pulsewave Vibrator bills itself as the world's only adult toy that utilizes a low-level laser to enhance arousal. Value: $250
• Orgasm booster. "The Couple's Love Shot," as it's called, is available to each of two "lovers" who can receive orgasm boosters including the O-Shot (Orgasm Shot), created by the same doctor who invented the Vampire Facelift to reduce wrinkles. Value: $5,000
• Pricey condoms. Naked Luxury Condoms, dubbed "the world's only luxury condom" and "the most pleasurable condom in the world." Value: $56 for two 6-packs.
• Holiday in Tuscany. With the Italian Luxury Hotel Package, nominees will receive three complimentary nights in a suite at the five-star Grand Hotel Tremezzo. Value: $11,500.
• Chi-Chi car rental. A year's worth of Silvercar rentals, the all-Audi airport car rental service that promises no lines, free GPS, free Sirius radio and free Wi-Fi every time. Value: $20,000
• Whiz-bang bicycle. Martone Cycling, known for its fashion and design-driven bikes, will hand out certificates for free designer bikes with automatic transmission and its signature red bike chains. Value: $1,200
The Academy has been taking heat for being out of touch with everyday Americans. The pricey swag bags may just be the tip of that iceberg.