Op-Ed: Shameless Fund-Raising: We Need Your Support!
September 02, 2014Media
The AlterNet team has launched our critical fall campaign to raise $50,000. As a non-profit media source, we depend on our readers' support for our financial health. In exchange we are committed to delivering high-quality, provocative journalism and opinion writing from the best writers available.
We have avoided bugging you. We haven't asked for help in almost six months. But now is the time. Please support us at the level you are comfortable with.
You can depend on AlterNet to be tough, inspiring, creative, honest, relevant and fair. We will provide you with powerful investigations, strong and savvy opinions, and the facts you need in order to make a difference.
Your contribution to us is an investment in our long-term survival as a democracy. We mince no words. The future is dark, the path to change is far from clear. Our hope comes from your dedication and ours, to keep pushing to make this a better world. We are in for the long haul. We hope you are, too.
Our depth, range, diversity of content, passion for the issues, and size of audience means AlterNet sticks out from the crowd. Five million different people visited AlterNet in August. Please invest in one of America's premier progressive news sources.
Here is some of what we offer...for free:
- We produce more than 100 original articles a week by our in-house pros and some of the foremost independent journalists in the world.
- We harvest more than 100 articles a week from more than 140 of the best sources of independent content. Who has time to visit all those sites? We do.
- We have a smorgasbord of content from aggressive investigations to moving personal stories to fact-filled indictments of the system.
- We have the toughest analysis of right-wing craziness, corporate abuse and really bad policies.
- Because there is a long battle ahead, we understand that the personal is political. Satisfaction and success might be at the local level with organic food; at the personal level with relationships; at the family level with education and religion or atheism. We cover health, drugs, sex, culture and everything that makes us interesting human beings.