AUDIO: School’s Out: The Decimation of Public Education
February 25, 2014
This edition of Making Contact explores how the privatization of public education is playing out across the country -- and how students and teachers are fighting back.
- Nuwar Ahmed, Philadelphia Student Union member
- Joanne Tien, Teach for America alum
- Su Jin Jez, assistant professor at California State University in Sacramento
- Justin Fong, Teach For America’s Vice President of Internal Communications
- Kerry Kretchmar, Caroll University professor
- Wendy Kaufmyn, teacher at City College of San Francisco and Save CCSF Coalition member
- Leslie Simon, teacher at City College of San Francisco and member of Save CCSF Coalition member
- Itzel Calvo, former student of City College of San Francisco and member of Save CCSF Coalition
- Ron Galatolo, chancellor at San Mateo Community College District
Special thanks to The WisconsinEye Network for use of audio content.