Politico Gets to the Bottom of the F#%&ing Story!
It looks like the kids at Politico decided to hold a contest to see who could write the most idiotic, non-story of the year. Ken Vogel won:
Those who pay attention to political rhetoric say an unusual amount of profanity has emanated from this White House – even without counting famously colorful White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel. But before this statement becomes fodder for yet another partisan debate (with conservatives saying Obama is disgracing the presidency, and liberals that the media are once again being unfair), they quickly add that Team Obama is no crasser than administrations past. It’s just that they are being quoted more accurately.
But hey, credit where credit is due -- for an article so chock-full-of-stupid, it does raise a number of interesting questions:
- Is "jackass" really a profanity?
- Is it any surprise that bloggers are considered partially to blame?
- Do journalists really think they're getting "unfiltered" information from their cocktail party pals?
- How much time did Vogel spend on working on this, and if it was more than five minutes,
- How could he forget Dick Cheney telling Pat Leahy to "go fuck himself"?
Of course given the questions that it does raise, one might describe this article as thought-provoking. Or a pile of shit.