UPDATED: Conservatives helping sink 9/11 film
Update: Make your voice heard HERE... just enter your info and they'll call Robert Iger's office for you.
Thinkprogress has compiled conservative opposition to ABC's Path to 9/11. Meanwhile, unconfirmed rumors are spreading that ABC is canceling the movie
- John Podhoretz, conservative columnist and Fox News contributor:
The portrait of Albright is an unacceptable revision of recent history and an unfair mark on a public servant who, no matter her shortcomings, doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t deserve to be remembered by millions of Americans as the inadvertent (and truculent) savior of Osama bin Laden. Samuel Berger, ClintonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s national security adviser, also seems to have just cause for complaint.
- James Taranto, OpinionJournal.com editor:
The Clintonites may have a point here. A few years ago, when the shoe was on the other foot, we were happy to see CBS scotch "The Reagans."
- Dean Barnett, conservative commentator posting on Hugh HewittÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s blog:
One can (if one so chooses) give the filmmakers artistic license to [fabricate a scene]. But if that is what they have done, conservative analysts who back this movie as a historical document will mortgage their credibility doing so.
- Chris Wallace, Fox News Sunday anchor: When you put somebody on the screen and say thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Madeleine Albright and she said this in a specific conversation and she never did say it, I think itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s slanderous, I think itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s defamatory and I think that ABC and Disney should be held to account.
- CaptainÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Quarters blog:
If the Democrats do not like what ABC wants to broadcast, they have every right to protest it Ã¢â‚¬â€ and in this case, they had a point.
- Bill Bennett, conservative author, radio host, and TV commentator: Look, "The Path to 9/11" is strewn with a lot of problems and I think there were problems in the Clinton administration. But thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s no reason to falsify the record, falsify conversations by either the president or his leading people and you know it just shouldnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t happen.
For sources and more quotes go to Thinkprogress...