What's in the water in Texas?
Misty from Expostulation, posting over at my place, introduces the, uh, interesting platform of Texas gubernatorial candidate Larry Kilgore. She says he makes Rick Perry, the current governor against whom he's running, look like a downright liberal, and considering some of Perry's other antics, that's really saying something. So what's Kilgore's platform?
My first priority as governor will be to submit to Biblical law given to us by the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ. My job, according to 1st Peter 2:14, will be to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do rightÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
* Execution for crime of murder including abortionOh yeah. There's more. And I'll admit, he's nothing if not creative.
* Execution for crime of adultery
* Execution for crime of homosexual acts
* 1-40 lashes for crime of maliciousness, like graffiti, porn, strip clubs
* Eliminate TX budget for government indoctrination of children. (public education)
* Illegal immigrants should receive a minimum punishment of five lashes, $3,000 fine & deportationÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
Looking at his list of punishments for various "wrongdoings," he'd have to hope that the Hindus are right about reincarnation for my sinful ass to be able to serve out the myriad of sentences I've got coming.
Misty also notes:
Oh, hey, in case you were wondering if you were a good enough person to get to heaven--he has a little internet quiz on his homepage for you to take. How thoughtful of him.That is thoughtful. Hopefully I'll have time to swing by, if my busy schedule of sacrificing virgins, drinking the blood of children, and being a stooge for the advancement of the radical gay agenda allows me a pitstop at Kilgore's place.
Karl Marx is to have said that "religion is the opiate of the masses". I think Larry here has ODÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d.Ha.
--> Sign up for Peek in your inbox... every morning! (Go here and check Peek box).