Media Minutes: February 17, 2006
Media Minutes is a weekly, headline-style radio news program focused on issues of media policy and reform. Media Minutes tracks the latest industry developments, keeps an eye on Washington policy makers and talks to the experts and activists dedicated to media reform.
For more shows, visit the Media Minutes archive.
Media Minutes: February 11, 2006
Local control of cable television service is up for grabs on Capitol Hill. The blogosphere will be critical in the fight to preserve network neutrality. And the FCC expresses renewed interest in radio payola after broadcast conglomerates become the focus of a state probe into pay-for-play practices.
- Free Press: Defend Local Access
- Free Press: Net Freedom Now!
- Free Press: Payola - Big Radio Sells Out
- Network Neutrality Conference Call with Lawrence Lessig, Jeff Chester, Ben Scott and Timothy Karr (MP3)
- Senate Commerce Committee: Hearing on Video Franchising (includes link to hearing video, RealPlayer required)