After last week's Michael Moore/Bin Laden Republican talking points regurgitation, Chris Matthews has reportedly received so many comments on the Openlettertochrismatthews site that he's responded. Lamely. But he's responded.
50,000 critical commenters have "misunderstood," according to the bombastic former sportscaster.
Well Dale Strayton has compiled a list of Matthews-isms that may provide some context for this latest "misunderstanding":
- MATTHEWS accuses Democrats of "perhaps exploiting" the death and destruction in Iraq (Hardball, 11/1/05)
- MATTHEWS says Bush sometimes "glimmers" with "sunny nobility" (Hardball, 10/24/05)
- MATTHEWS suggests Bush may "belong on Mount Rushmore" (Hardball, 12/16/05)
- MATTHEWS argues that the U.S. went into Iraq "for altruistic purposes" (Chris Matthews Show, 9/25/05)
- MATTHEWS insists "everybody sort of likes the president, except for the real whack-jobs" (Hardball, 11/28/05)
- MATTHEWS recites GOP talking points during fight over Bush's judicial nominees, describes Democratic efforts as "just sort of pouting and bitching" (Hardball, 5/18/05)
- MATTHEWS levels baseless charge against Democratic efforts to complete intel probe as "disingenuous," "using crocodile tears" (Hardball, 11/1/05)
- MATTHEWS describes Supreme Court debate as division between strict constructionism versus the "loosey goosey" liberal approach (MSNBC, 10/3/05)
- MATTHEWS praises Bush for a "brilliant" speech, before it was delivered, while attacking Democratic critics as "carpers and complainers" (MSNBC, 11/30/05)
- MATTHEWS falsely attacks Democrats for accusing Alito of being "lenient on the mob" (Hardball, 10/31/05)
- MATTHEWS praises John Roberts' confirmation as "miraculously successful" (MSNBC, 9/29/05).
I think I understand. (Openlettertochrismatthews)
--> Sign up for Peek in your inbox... every morning! (Go here and check Peek box).