Scient- and other -ologies.
t risk of being on the receiving end of a Tom Cruise tantrum... "I'm not clear on what it is about Scientology that qualifies it as a religion. One definition of 'religion' is 'A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader' -- I guess that's what does it, if you can accept L. Ron Hubbard as a spiritual leader," writes Cynikell. "In the spirit of Dianetics and its highly profitable offshoot religion, I propose the following wholly recognizable and therefore tax exempt paths to enlightenment [these are my favorites...read them all here]:
- Fromagology -- based on Who Moved My Cheese? An Amazing Way to Deal With Change in Your Work and Life (Spencer Johnson, Kenneth Blanchard)
- Delusionology -- based on The Power of Positive Thinking (Norman Vincent Peale)
- Oklahomology -- based on I'm OK, You're OK (Thomas Harris)
- Indigestology -- based on Fire in the Belly: On Being A Man (Sam Keen)
- Sopranology -- based on How to Win Friends and Influence People (Dale Carnegie)
- WhereTheHellAmI-ology -- based on The Road Less Traveled (Scott Peck)"