Corruption Perception Index #7
* Number of new roller coasters opening nationwide this summer: 41.
* Number of roller coasters at permanent amusement parks subject to federal safety regulations: 0.
* Number of people killed on roller coasters and other amusement park rides since 1987: 43.
* Status of State of Florida's oversight of safety conditions at Walt Disney World: none.
* Position of International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions, of which the Walt Disney Company is a member, on proposed federal legislation to regulate amusement park rides: opposed.
* Walt Disney Company CEO Michael Eisner and colleague Sandy Litvack's campaign contributions to candidates and parties in 1999: $518,227.
* Disney's position on establishing normal trade relations with China: favors.
* Ratio of how much Disney CEO Michael Eisner makes in a year compared to a worker in Chinese factories making shoes, toys, and clothing for his company: 63,000 to 1.
* Corporate America -- overwhelmingly in favor of a China trade pact -- campaign contributions in the 1998 elections: $666.6 million.
* Campaign giving by organized labor -- opposed to the China agreement -- in the 1998 elections: $60.8 million.
For more information (and for detailed sourcing on these statistics) go to www.publicampaign.org.